Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hirratas
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Veeam Sales is getting worse

Post by hirratas »

Hello

I want to give feedback about the behaviour of some sales people of veeam or at least people who act as veeam sales as I feel it annoys me as it damages the product itself.
So I noticed that since about a year when I order new licenses, for example this time a new 5er pack of agents, they try to push me into also extend the other licenses.

The sales rep asked me multiple times with a pushy attitude if I am really sure I only want to have this 5er pack of license. I then was annoyed and hung up.
I also noticed this because of the change to UUL that this was penetrant.

I do not know if this is normal in other countries, but here in germany there are laws regarding this sales practice via phone.

So I wanted to address this as I feel it is not good for Veeam.
Thanks alot
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam Sales is getting worse

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
it's sad to hear that our sales behaves in a way that it becomes uncomfortable for you as a customer. Of course, sales has the job to sell. But that should not lead to the bad experience you describe.

R&D (this is R&D forums) has no influence on what our sales colleagues do. But I will forward your feedback to the sales organization.

Thanks for the feedback and best regards,
Hannes
hirratas
Enthusiast

Post by hirratas »

Hello Hannes
ok, I thank you.
fdegueldre
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: François DEGUELDRE

Post by fdegueldre » 1 person likes this post

Really sad to read when a company like Veeam behaves like this.

This year I had the opposite with Veeam, we had our account manager replaced and I had the impression to be completely abandoned…

I had to meet the Veeam team in a security forum in France to restore the communication and even now it’s complicated.

I m going to run a proof of concept on some competitor at the end of the year and take major decisions if this is not improving.

They are suppose to come in September in order to meet us. Let’s see.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

Hello Hirratas, as Veeam do not sell directly, did you contact a Veeam reseller for this or directly Veeam?
flomp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by flomp » 1 person likes this post

I also have the impression that there is too much emphasis on selling.

For example, you can't keep you silver status just by selling renewals to your current clients. You have to sell new licenses twice in 6 months. Which is not what I consider logical. If you earned silver status, you should be able to keep it as long as you keep your clients and do some trainings regularly. I don't want to be pressured to sell new stuff all the time to my existing clients or to find new clients even though I don't have the time to support them appropriately.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Hello flomp, thanks for sharing this.

Technical guy here that do not know all the details about the programs. The Resell program is for resellers to get additional discounts for new sales to honer the investment the partner does on the sales side. To maintain an existing user base that you have sold to, does not depend on any sales stage. Can you please share what silver benefit could help you with maintaining your existing customer base, I can forward then this request.
hirratas
Enthusiast

Post by hirratas » 1 person likes this post

Andreas Neufert wrote: Aug 29, 2022 5:40 am Hello Hirratas, as Veeam do not sell directly, did you contacted a Veeam reseller for this or directly Veeam?
I always order from my veeam reseller, who we also Buy Servers and other stuff from, who is very honest and often is telling me not to buy more licenses :mrgreen:
but then a couple of days later I get a call from someone from or on behalf ov veeam (not sure) about this order which tends to be like I described above.
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management

Ah I see, thanks for sharing.
flomp
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by flomp »

Andreas Neufert wrote: Aug 29, 2022 9:36 am Can you please share what silver benefit could help you with maintaining your existing customer base, I can forward then this request.
Hi Andreas. Thanks for your reply! I will send you a private message later this week.
RubinCompServ
Service Provider
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: David Rubin

Post by RubinCompServ »

fdegueldre wrote: Aug 29, 2022 5:27 am Really sad to read when a company like Veeam behaves like this.

This year I had the opposite with Veeam, we had our account manager replaced and I had the impression to be completely abandoned…
I'm glad (and sorry) to see it's not just me. Our previous account manager left Veeam for another company, and we were assigned a different manager (and a different team). Since then, a scheduled monthly meeting was completely blown off with no notification (turns out he was on vacation and didn't bother to reschedule) and the SA promises follow-up but doesn't deliver. As this is behavior similar to account teams from our other vendors, maybe I was just spoiled by my previous team?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

@RubinCompServ: I started a conversation with our sales team to find out, what went wrong here.
Matt@Work
Enthusiast
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Matt Collier

Post by Matt@Work »

fdegueldre wrote: Aug 29, 2022 5:27 am Really sad to read when a company like Veeam behaves like this.

I had to meet the Veeam team in a security forum in France to restore the communication and even now it’s complicated.

I m going to run a proof of concept on some competitor at the end of the year and take major decisions if this is not improving.

They are suppose to come in September in order to meet us. Let’s see.
Same position I find myself in. Its a shame because I liked Veeam back in v8 and 9. It seems with all the new features, its got buggier, licensing more onerous and sales and support just isn't the same. Please note, this is my personal experience and why I am moving away from the product. I'm sure Veeam has thousands of satisfied customers, I'm an outlier :)