Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
dspringer
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: David Springer

No Remote Agent License

Post by dspringer »

I have a concern about remote agents for creating backups. In addition to normal licenses for Veeam Backup and Replication and our virtual environment, we also have 6 pieces for direct agent backups in use, of which only 3 are actively used so far. In the last week 2 new server landscapes were activated, whereby here still no full Veeam server is available at the moment. Therefore I want to transfer at least their file servers via remote agent daily to our repository.
After I had 2 days of problems with firewall rules, at least since yesterday apparently everything works. Job definitions are transferable to the client and also the backup went through without problems for both locations.

Nevertheless I received a warning by mail because no license could be assigned. I can also understand this when I look at the assigned licenses for the instances. Both servers are listed, but they do not have a "1" for an assigned license. I wanted to assign it again manually via "Assign" Button, but I get the feedback that this can only be done in the backup job. "Apply Configuration" for the job also goes through without any problems. The firewall log on the server also shows no packet drop for any ports since 1pm yesterday. Would have guessed that 7pm would have shown a message then.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get the licensing clean?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2276 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: No Remote Agent License

Post by Mildur »

Hi David

You can revoke licenses in the license manager. Next time the job is running, the license gets reapplied.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

If that's not working, could you please open a case with our technical support team. Please provide us with the case number for our reference.
A support case is required for any technical issue. Our support team will find out the issue after analyzing the debug logs.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
dspringer
Enthusiast

Post by dspringer »

Thanks for your quick reply. I revoked both servers and will inform you tomorrow, if everything is working correctly or if I had to open a case.
dspringer
Enthusiast

Post by dspringer »

Good morning everyone.

I just wanted to check in on this topic and let you know that I have not received any more license warnings by mail since Friday. In Veeam itself there are so far also no corresponding messages. However, both servers are marked with a "0" instead of "1" in the license overview.
Since everything is running and both locations will soon receive their own backup server, I would ignore this at this point and consider the issue as resolved.
So the way to withdraw the license was exactly the right way to remove the warning.

Thanks