Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
George
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: George

Patch Download

Post by George »

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a suggestion or a question, but where can I download the latest patch?

Wouldn't it be a good idea if Veeam created a downloads page for patches for its users or maybe this has already been done?

Thanks
ZachW
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Zach Weed

Re: Patch Download

Post by ZachW »

We actually do, if you give the forum a quick search you will find this: http://forums.veeam.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9533#p41811. Read the bottom of the post :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

You missed the topmost sticky topic with 80000 plus views in this very forum ;)

I have also provided the download link in the weekly forum digest email on Sunday.
If you are not getting one, check your spam folder, and add us to trusted senders.
AARNet
Lurker
Full Name: AARNet SysAdmin Team

Post by AARNet »

I think what the OP meant was that the Forums are not the first place people would normally look for links to patches, but in the Downloads or Support sections of a products website. I'd like to see that.
ZachW
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Zach Weed

Post by ZachW »

We actually do, if you go to download Backup and Replication from the website we actually have a link.. Stating: "Support Notice....We recommend you install this patch"
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Yep, and we had it there for a few months now... see, we read your mind ;)
AARNet
Lurker
Full Name: AARNet SysAdmin Team

Post by AARNet »

True, I stand corrected.

However, this patch download or notification is not visible on the home page, nor the downloads page, without logging into the website.

The inference I was making was that the patch is difficult to find. Having to log into the website to view the downloads, to know if there is a patch is not the easiest nor most intuitive way of viewing the patch availability. True, I do get the weekly emails, but I do not often read it, as in general Veeam B&R works just fine. I will pay more attention to them in the future.

Looking at the past Newsletter emails (I only have January and February editions available) I also see no reference to patch availability.

In the past, have you sent out a separate patch alert emails?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Company newsletter is a marketing communication, we do not announce patches and hotfixes there. Unless of course the patches are for critical issues, in which case we still create a separate email communication, and send it to all affected customers who we know have downloaded the given product version. For example, this was the case with one of the 5.0 dot releases.

However, as you already mentioned, every single patch has been announced in the weekly forum digest email that goes to all members of these forums. This one is considered to be our technical newsletter, so this kind of information suits it best.