Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
tyler@tuscom.com
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tyler Barnes

Error during installation of Veeam Monitor

Post by tyler@tuscom.com »

I downloaded and tried to install Veeam Monitor on my mgt server. This server already has SQL Express 2005 for Symnatec's BE. During the install, I get the following error and the installation fails:

The installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tool Edition cannot be found.

Any ideas on how to get around this?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Re: Error during installation of Veeam Monitor

Post by Gostev »

Tyler, I have not seen such error before. In Monitor setup, did you try the option to connect to existing SQL instead of default option when Monitor attempts to install local SQL Express.
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Tyler;

There should be some events around the time that you saw this message arise, and the source likely is "MsiInstaller" The event should mention that a component was missing, and that a feature is being installed to repair it. This should give us more details on what exactly SQL is looking for, and where.

Also, are you able to use the built-in version of SQL Express to complete the installation? You can use Veeam Monitor Settings after installation to delete that database and recreate a database for Monitor on the existing SQL installation as well. If you have opened a support ticket with our support team, please advise the case number.

Thanks!
tyler@tuscom.com
Novice

I have not. I'll try to do that this week and re-post.

Thanks.
Gostev wrote:Tyler, I have not seen such error before. In Monitor setup, did you try the option to connect to existing SQL instead of default option when Monitor attempts to install local SQL Express.
tyler@tuscom.com
Novice

This is what I got in the event log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 11706
Date: 5/13/2009
Time: 11:13:49 AM
User:
Computer: SERVERNAME
Description:
Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition -- Error 1706. An installation package for the product Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Tools Express Edition cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'sqlrun_tools.msi'.
Ben Milligan wrote:Tyler;

There should be some events around the time that you saw this message arise, and the source likely is "MsiInstaller" The event should mention that a component was missing, and that a feature is being installed to repair it. This should give us more details on what exactly SQL is looking for, and where.

Also, are you able to use the built-in version of SQL Express to complete the installation? You can use Veeam Monitor Settings after installation to delete that database and recreate a database for Monitor on the existing SQL installation as well. If you have opened a support ticket with our support team, please advise the case number.

Thanks!
tyler@tuscom.com
Novice

Deleting and allowing the Veeam monitor to re-create the database worked. Thanks for the help.
Ben Milligan
Expert
Liked: 40 times

Post by Ben Milligan »

Great! Thanks for the update.