Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

[case id 05630164] Can't open repository

Post by omfk »

Hi all,

I understand that support for the Community editions comes on a best effort basis and I'm fine with that. So maybe some other user has experienced the same problem and can help.

We are using the CE as a test bed for a further use. The backup worked fine for the first tests but now I'm getting the following errors:
16.09.2022 10:43:34 :: Failed to create restore point: Unable to access repository (D:\2022\repository.adb)

The repository is on an external 500GB hard drive, where the Veeam agent also has its repository. No problem occured with the agend backups. What's the reason for this error?

BR
Frank
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: [case id 05630164] Can't open repository

Post by nielsengelen »

Hi Frank,

You will have to actually work with support on this one I fear. Without full logs, this is hard to troubleshoot. It could be an issue with the hard disk. Did you already try to reboot everything and see if it works again?

However, I would not recommend using an external hard disk for running the backup repository as JetDB relies on a stable connection. Have you maybe considered looking at Object Storage if you want to have the backup externally?
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

Re: [case id 05630164] Can't open repository

Post by omfk »

Hi Niels,
support has closed the case due to overload.
I've already rebooted several times in the mean time and also re-attached the hard drive. The error stays the same. As this is just a test bed I just "copied" the idea of having an external hard disk as repository similar to the Veeam agent backup. I'll look up the object storage topic once I'm back in the office.

BR
Frank