Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 53 times
Full Name: Andre

Agent Job Status not displayed in VBR

Post by agrob »

Good Day

Have a VAW Client configured in VBR. Backup Repo is a SMB Share on a NAS (backup directly to the SMB Share, not to a repo configured on the VBR Server).
Backup job is running but i don't see the status in the VBR Console. For other VAW Job which have veeam Repo as Backup target, the Backup Job status is updated in VBR.
if i go to VBR -> Inventory -> Protection Group from the Client -> rescan, then it takes some minutes and i see updated statistics for the Job.

Question:
1. is the Job status not updating automaticaly when VAW Repo is a NAS share instead of a VBR Repo?
2. Is it possible that some ports are missing (as the VAW is in a separate network zone)? I'm pretty sure i have opened all Required Ports from the Port list. If not, which Port/s are used that the VAW can send statistics to VBR?

Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2275 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Agent Job Status not displayed in VBR

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Andre

There are two modes.
- Managed by Agent (Uses Backup Policies)
- Managed by Server (Uses Backup Jobs)

If you backup directly to the NAS (not a BR Repo NAS Share), then you must use Managed by Agent Mode (Backup Policy).
Statistics for Backup Policies targeting local drives, shared folders or cloud connect repositories will be available after a rescan of the protection group. There is no real time monitoring in the VBR console with such configurations.

This is documented on this page in our guide:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 53 times
Full Name: Andre

Re: Agent Job Status not displayed in VBR

Post by agrob »

Hi Fabian

Thanks again. Have missed that somehow. Now i have found it in the link "...after rescan of a protection group that contains computers added to the backup policy. This process happens regularly upon the discovery schedule defined in the protection group settings"

Thanks!