Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Danomyte
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Gallo

Older VBM File Case#: 05644446

Post by Danomyte »

Our server got hit with a crypto virus. The virus did not encrypt my backup .vib & .vbk files however is did trash the .vbm file and it is preventing me from performing the bare metal recovery. I was however able to located an older vbm file off of an older drive that has backups from like 5 moths ago. When I run the bare metal restore it only shows me the backups from back 5 months ago and doesn't show my current latest backup. Does anyone know a way to modify this vbm file to include the most current backups I have. I'm desperate here I have been down for 5 days. If there was a way to run the Veeam Backup from another computer and restore the volumes over the network I would however this server has had so many files encrypted not many things run. Any help would be appreciated here. Thank you.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: Older VBM File Case#: 05644446

Post by Gostev »

You can import just VBK and VIB chain alone, VBM is optional. So if you don't have the correct VBM, then just remove it completely from the folder before performing the import. Thanks!
Danomyte
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel Gallo

Post by Danomyte »

I have been able to import the chain into the Veeam Backup but how do I get it to do a BareMetal Restore with the recovery USB
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

You should be able to do it normally by connecting to the Veeam backup repository containing these backups from the Recovery Media... if you're having difficulties, our support engineers should be able to assist you via a remote session. Thanks!