Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
unify_nathan
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nathan Gracie-Raitt

One-word error message?

Post by unify_nathan »

I'll come back with the support case id after I've (had breakfast, then) logged the case, but just in case theres an easy, known fix for this.....

I'm moving a backup to different storage. I've copied the related *.vib;*.vbk;*.vbm from the old NAS to the new linux-hardened immutable repo via a Veeam FileCopy job.

In the edit-job wizard, after I select the new repository and it does the normal checks to see if the files have been provisioned on the new storage, instead of the common "make sure the files have all been moved first" error I'm all too familiar with, I'm getting an error that just says "sessionid".

Anyone hit that before?
unify_nathan
Influencer

Re: One-word error message?

Post by unify_nathan »

The thought occurred to me that I might have created a problem for myself by having multiple Veeam B&R windows open. Closing both and re-opening just a single one didn't resolve this.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2273 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Move the files (the entire folder with the files) to the new repository, rescan the new repository, edit the job to use the new repository.

If you still see the error, please provide the case number.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
barlid
Enthusiast
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Barli Dharmajaya

Post by barlid »

unify_nathan wrote: Sep 27, 2022 7:15 pm I'll come back with the support case id after I've (had breakfast, then) logged the case, but just in case theres an easy, known fix for this.....

I'm moving a backup to different storage. I've copied the related *.vib;*.vbk;*.vbm from the old NAS to the new linux-hardened immutable repo via a Veeam FileCopy job.

In the edit-job wizard, after I select the new repository and it does the normal checks to see if the files have been provisioned on the new storage, instead of the common "make sure the files have all been moved first" error I'm all too familiar with, I'm getting an error that just says "sessionid".

Anyone hit that before?
Hello,

To move backup to new repository, you can follow this KB
https://www.veeam.com/kb1729

Thanks
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 305 times

Post by david.domask »

Hey @unify_nathan,

If the re-mapping still doesn't work, based on the message I strongly suspect there might be a small hiccup in the configuration database for Veeam (can't tell you how it happened just with this).

Try re-mapping again, and if it doesn't work, please reproduce the issue, note the time/date of the test and the job you were trying to edit, and collect logs from the Veeam Server following https://veeam.com/kb1832 and use the 3rd option, selecting the Veeam server. If your org policies allow it, a copy of the database would be appreciated: https://www.veeam.com/kb1471

Once you have this info on the case, please post the case number here and we can look into it.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
unify_nathan
Influencer

Post by unify_nathan »

Just to close the loop on this one.... I forget the exact detail, but having a re-read of https://www.veeam.com/kb1729 gave me the hint I needed and I was able to move the backup to its new repo. Thanks all and happy holidays.