Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
great_vc
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Vassilis

Backup In Cloud?

Post by great_vc » 1 person likes this post

Hi using the free version for years, super happy saved me many times.

Now i got a bandwidth upgrade and i have enough upload speed so i can send my backups to the cloud.

Does veeam (or even veeam paid with a license) support that ? I see an option for OneDrive but i hate onedrive.
Any VEEAM cloud repository ? AWS ?

Thanks.
B&R v12, Suite
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Re: Backup In Cloud?

Post by Regnor »

I would suggest that you wait for the next release of the Veeam agent. This will support direct backup to object storage like AWS/S3 or Azure Blob.

Currently your only option would be to go with a Veeam Cloud Service Provider. OneDrive will be discounted as a backup target, so you shouldn't start using it anymore.

Edit: Not sure of you only have a standalone agent or Veeam Backup & Replication in place. With the later one you could upload backups to object storage via Capacity Tier.
great_vc
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Vassilis

Post by great_vc »

Thanks Regnor.
I have the standalone agent

Do you have a link for pricing and instructions on the Veea., Cloud Service Provider?

Is there any ETA on the new version with AWS storage buckets option ?

-Vassilis
B&R v12, Suite
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Post by Regnor »

For pricing you'll have to contact a VCSP. Just search for one in your region: https://www.veeam.com/find-partner.html

While there is no final date, the next release is planned for end of December or beginning of January.