Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
jbruyet
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Brouillette

Can't do an agent backup on a vSpere VM -- Case #05651022

Post by jbruyet »

I had to restore a Server 2016 VM from an old enough backup job that the domain trust relationship is broken; the server is fragile but important. We are working on migrating the software to a newer server version, but the vendor is still researching to see if their software will run on Server 2019. I created a new Agent backup job using a local admin account, but when I rescan the server I get the following error message:

9/29/2022 12:11:17 PM :: Unable to install backup agent: cannot connect to CallRecorder Error: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed.

Any ideas on how can I keep this server backed up?

Thanks,

Joe B
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2311 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Can't do an agent backup on a vSpere VM -- Case #05651022

Post by Mildur »

Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum.
Any chance, you just used „administrator“ as the user account? Have you tried „HOSTNAME\administrator“?

You can also install the agent to the computer by yourself and create a backup, in case the protection group doesn‘t work for you.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
jbruyet
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe Brouillette

Re: Can't do an agent backup on a vSpere VM -- Case #05651022

Post by jbruyet »

Good morning Fabian,

I was using local\administrator and Veeam support recommended I try using what you are suggesting, using devicename\administrator. I tried that and now it's getting backed up.

Thanks,

Joe B