PowerShell script exchange
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

create virtual lab with powershell without DVS

Post by sandsturm »

I want to automate the creation of virtual labs via powershell with network type: "Advanced single-host". If I create such a vlab via GUI/wizard it creates automatically a standard virtual switch onto the defined esx host. If I want to create the lab with the command Add-VBRViAdvancedVirtualLab i only have the option "-DVS" but no option for a standard vswitch. Is this command only possible for the "Advanced multi-host" virtual lab config, but not for "Basic single-host" or "Advanced single-host", because a DVS is only in use when choosing the "Advanced multi-host" config in my understanding or do I miss something? I want to have my VLAB connected to a standard virtual switch, but not onto a DVS if possible....

thx
sandsturm
oleg.feoktistov
Veeam Software
Liked: 636 times
Full Name: Oleg Feoktistov

Re: create virtual lab with powershell without DVS

Post by oleg.feoktistov »

Hi sandsturm,

Since advanced single and multi-host virtual labs have minimal differences in terms of options available for configuration,
-DVS parameter in Add-VBRViAdvancedVirtualLab cmdlet acts as a discriminator between single and multi-host type.
So if you want to create advanced single-host lab, just don't use -DVS parameter and a standard switch will be added automatically.

Best regards,
Oleg
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Re: create virtual lab with powershell without DVS

Post by sandsturm »

Hi Oleg

Thanks a lot for fast reply. I'll try it this way.

thx
sandsturm