Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
JFLsh
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jack

AHV proxy not working...

Post by JFLsh »

Hi, we're running VBR 11.0.1.1261 and as of last Wednesday, our proxy on our Nutanix cluster has stopped working. When we try to connect to the cluster we get HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error message, then lots of string complaining about

javax.ws.rs.NotAuthorizedException: HTTP 401 Unauthorized
com.nutanix.prism.auth.commands.LDAPAuthenticationProvider.assignUserRoles(LDAPAuthenticationProvider.java:325)

We're running VBR on Server 2016, so the cipher changes shouldn't be an issue.

I would contact support directly but our Veeam is licensed via a reseller, so I can't log a support ticket under any products other than free ones that have no SLA.

Can I please get a human to talk to to explain and get this resolved?

Thanks, Jack.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: AHV proxy not working...

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jack

What sort of license do you have installed in your VBR server? If you have a rental license, then your reseller/service provider must open the case. In case you have bought licenses from him, then you are able to open the cases by yourself in our support portal.

For the issue itself, it looks like the Nutanix environment has issues with the authentication of your connection. I would check Nutanix Logs if you see failed logins. To be sure about the cause, our support team needs to analyze the debug log files. Such issue cannot be resolved over the forums.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software