Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
robnicholsonmalt
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Rob Nicholson

Veeam.Backup.Validator.exe in free Veeam agent

Post by robnicholsonmalt »

I've used Veeam.Backup.Validator.exe on the server side but this doesn't appear to be installed on the client side when using the free standalone Veeam agent for Windows. How do I validate a backup to an external USB drive?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Veeam.Backup.Validator.exe in free Veeam agent

Post by Mildur »

Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
robnicholsonmalt
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Rob Nicholson

Post by robnicholsonmalt »

That option is very useful on the server side but not on a standalone agent backing up to local storage. I'm using Veeam here to do a backup of large workstation data drive before replacing the disk. The backup is to a local USB drive. I might use Macrium Reflect Free instead although the downside of this is that it doesn't do CBT :-(
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

This option also works for the standalone agent (free version). May I ask why it is not useful for a standalone agent?
Health checks are used to check your backups on the hard drives for silent data corruption. Silent data corruption can occur in rare cases over time.
I'm using Veeam here to do a backup of large workstation data drive before replacing the disk. The backup is to a local USB drive
Is your goal to create a onetime backup of the workstations data prior to the disk replacement? After an active full backup, there is no health check performed. It's normally not required. I suggest checking if you can open the restore point and restore your important files.

Thank you
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software