Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
carlos.garcia.seidor
Influencer
Liked: never

Reducing Archive Tier retention does not cause data to move from Capacity to Archive.

Post by carlos.garcia.seidor »

Hello,

My question is quite simple. Originally, in our scale out within a particular client, we had an upload policy to S3 Deep Archive (Archive Tier) of 180 days. This week we have been asked for the move to Archive Tier to be executed after 60 days. We have changed the parameter, but all points with retention longer than 60 days are still in Capacity Tier and the scheduled archiving tasks every four hours do not move them.

I have not opened a support case yet. I don't know if there is something I didn't take into account when waiting for the move from Capacity to Archive Tier.

I look forward to your comments.

Best regards
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Reducing Archive Tier retention does not cause data to move from Capacity to Archive.

Post by veremin »

We have changed the parameter, but all points with retention longer than 60 days are still in Capacity Tier and the scheduled archiving tasks every four hours do not move them.
What kind of point do you have? Any of those? Backup files with GFS flags assigned, VeeamZIP backup files, Exported backup files, Orphaned backups?
carlos.garcia.seidor
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Reducing Archive Tier retention does not cause data to move from Capacity to Archive.

Post by carlos.garcia.seidor »

Hi Veremin,

Backup files with GFS flags assigned, that's what we have on our VBR Environment (Disk, Object Storage and Archive). All vm's affected in the scale-out offload process are productive and their backup jobs run daily.

Best regards
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

If you have standalone full points (GFS, Orphaned, VeeamZIP, etc.) on Capacity Tier that are older than 60 days, but they are not archived, kindly reach our support team for further investigation, as the described behavior does not look expected. Thanks!