Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
k00laid
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 51 times
Full Name: Jim Jones

Feature Request: Sure Backups link to Repository

Post by k00laid »

I know you can link a backup job to a SureBackup job, ensuring that the servers that start come from that job, but that starts all the servers in that job. In my case that is generally many more servers than my SB jobs require. In our scenario we backup onsite and offsite. Doing a right click, Start Job almost always links to the offsite job as it is run last each evening, causing the job to fail because of link speed to the NFS share.

Would it be possible in a future release to allow us to link a backup repository to the SureBackup job?
Jim Jones, Sr. Product Infrastructure Architect @iland / @1111systems, Veeam Vanguard
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Feature Request: Sure Backups link to Repository

Post by Gostev »

Well, if you add link the SureBackup job with off-site backup job, then of course the SureBackup job will pull the data from off-site repository (because obviously this is the data you want to be checking). So, not sure I follow you...

Sounds like you want to link the SureBackup job with backup jobs backing up locally instead?

Or, are you really talking about application group? I.e. your application group VMs are booted from remote repository, because this is the "freshest" backup of the required VMs across all jobs you have?
k00laid
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 51 times
Full Name: Jim Jones

Re: Feature Request: Sure Backups link to Repository

Post by k00laid »

The last is exactly what happens, the VMs are being pulled from the remote repository since it is the latest. What would be nice would be to able to specify which repository the VMs for the application group pulls from.
Jim Jones, Sr. Product Infrastructure Architect @iland / @1111systems, Veeam Vanguard