Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
wmaxime75
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Worrel M

Veeam Plug-In for RMAN for Linux

Post by wmaxime75 »

New Case Case Number is 05674716, references old case: Case 05629082. I have not reinstalled the plug-in. The issue is occurring on approx 10 clients and I would like to find a root cause rather than reinstall.

VBR Server and Veeam Plug-In for RMAN for Linux = v10
Client OS: 5.11 11.4.41.107.2 sun4v sparc sun4v

I run the command /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN/OracleRMANConfigTool --set-repositories. I choose a new repo I configured for RMAN backups.
I run /opt/veeam/VeeamPluginforOracleRMAN/OracleRMANConfigTool --show-config to verify the change has been made.

I tell the DBA to run a backup and the backup still goes to the previously configured repo.

So far, this is happening on all the clients the DBA owns. I've successfully set a new repo on other DBA's clients with no issue. Not seeing any error messages when running the --set-repositories command.
wmaxime75
Influencer

Re: Veeam Plug-In for RMAN for Linux

Post by wmaxime75 »

I'm wondering is you have to run a L0 or L1 backup after making the change? DBA ran just a Archive log backup...
wmaxime75
Influencer

Post by wmaxime75 » 1 person likes this post

Turned out the issue was in the DBA's script. He was referencing the UUID of the old repo. Changed to the new UUID, issue solved.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Worrel

Thanks for the update. I‘m glad it‘s resolved.

Best
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software