Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jnovozinsky
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jack Novozinsky

Error when restoring VM from one certain repository

Post by jnovozinsky »

Hello,

I am receiving multiple errors when trying to restore from a certain repository. Posting here because Veeam's support portal won't let me link my account with my employer's license to the support portal, so I can only ask for free support, not paid. My case # is 05695369. Here are the errors i am receiving (with file names altered) when i attempt to restore the full VM:

Code: Select all

10/27/2022 4:48:25 PM Error    Restore job failed Error: An unexpected network error occurred.
                               Asynchronous request operation has failed. [readsize = 524288] [offset = 4096]
                               Failed to open storage for read access. Storage: [VirtualMachine3.vib].
                               Failed to upload disk. Skipped arguments: [VirtualMachine3.vmdk];
                               Reconnectable protocol device was closed.
                               Failed to download disk 'vddkConnSpec>'.
                               Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2273 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Error when restoring VM from one certain repository

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jack

You should solve the license case issue first or ask the license administrator to open the case for you.
In the support portal you can also open licensing support cases if you have issues to link the license your account.

Solving this issue is not easy over the forum. It can have many different reasons why this is happening.
I suggest checking your Source Storage and network. Seems there was an interruption while accessing the source disk.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
jnovozinsky
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jack Novozinsky

Re: Error when restoring VM from one certain repository

Post by jnovozinsky » 1 person likes this post

My coworker has opened case 05695397 for me