Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
Kazz
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Kazz Beck

Error: Full storage not found

Post by Kazz »

Hi,

I have a backup job that backs up about 100 VMs. The job is configured to keep 5 restore points on the performance tier and 30 restore points on the capacity tier. Offload is happening right after job completion. Synthetic full is taken once a week. Yesterday was an incremental back up and it failed with "Full storage not found" error within seconds after back up was started. A suggestion was made to run an active full, which ran fine showing a successful back up for each VM, but failed at the end with the same "Full storage not found" error. Trying to take an incremental fails right away.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Veeam 11.0
Case: 02623531
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Re: Error: Full storage not found

Post by RomanK »

Hello Kazz,

I wanted to check the case but found only the old record from the year 2018 without details inside. Could you please check that the number is correct?

Thanks
Kazz
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Kazz Beck

Post by Kazz »

Sorry, wrong case number was provided in the original post.

05626820 is the correct case number
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello Kazz,

Thanks for the case number.
Please continue to work with our support engineers. I'm confident they will find the cause of this issue. Just in case I've also pinged support management.

Also, feel free to escalate the ticket (talk to manager button within the support portal), if you are not satisfied with the quality or time of response.

Thanks.
wfriend
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: William Friend

Post by wfriend »

Has this issue been resolved? If so, can the solution/workaround be posted please? :)
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello William,

The aforementioned support case was closed. As far as I can see, there was no hotfix applied. The issue was resolved engineer during the remote session. Most probably it was something environment specific.

I think you may open another case and mention the old case number in the first message. This could route your case to the same engineer.
If you would do so, please share the case # in this thread.

Thanks