Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

Internet proxy for default backup proxy

Post by matteu »

Hello,

I don't know if it's a graphical bug or not but I don't think it's normal.

Step to reproduce the issue :
Configure internet proxy setting on general option -> internet proxy -> use the following internet proxy settings -> configure it -> validate
Configure internet proxy setting on general option -> internet proxy -> Do not use internet proxy -> validate

Then if I go to the default proxy -> properties -> internet proxy I see proxy is configured and not "do not use internet proxy" and with the information message I don't know exactly what is the real configuration :)

If on general configuration I just modify some settings like internet host proxy, I can see the updated configuration on the properties of the proxy
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Internet proxy for default backup proxy

Post by Mike Resseler »

I am not sure what exactly you are doing.

If you look at a larger installation, you will have a VB365 controller (the management server) and different proxies. The most confusing (probably) is that the management server is automatically also a proxy server (it includes that role by default).

Per proxy server (or service) you can specify a specific internet proxy. But you can also define a specific one in the management server, which will be replicated to ALL proxy servers.

So, to see if we have a UI bug, where you configuring the proxy server first on the proxy and then on the management server, and is the proxy / management server the same? (So I can check to reproduce it
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

Thanks for the answer and I agree with you :)

I have only 1 proxy (default proxy) and I configure on the "controller" first

If I modify in general setting to say I want to use this internet proxy settings and then swap it to I don't want internet proxy settings, when I go on infrastructure -> properties of the default proxy server -> proxy tab I see internet proxy settings but I shouldn't because I disable it on general option.

What I mean is :
If I configure proxy in the controller, on my proxy (wich is also the controler here) I should the the same internet proxy configuration -> this is working
If I configure to not use proxy in the controler, on my proxy (wich is also the controler here) I shouldn't see any internet proxy configuration right ?

Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Ah, ok. I think I understand it now. Let me dive into this in a week or so when I am together with the teams. What you are saying does make sense
matteu
Veeam Legend

Post by matteu »

Not easy for me sometimes because my english is bad :)

Ok perfect if you can understand it better now :)
mipk1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Ipkendanz

Post by mipk1 »

Hello, I had the same problem. The Internet Proxy has been deactivated but was still being used by the Veeam Proxy.
I used this cmd to clear the winHTTP Settings on the Veeam Proxy:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
Verify:
netsh winhttp show proxy