Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Juraj22
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Juraj Vantuch

Add 2nd VHOST to managed servers

Post by Juraj22 »

Hello guys,
i have maybe quite easy question for more experiented guys.
I have LAB infrastructure, where i had a one physical server where was hyperV and 2 virtual machines(everything works fine). Today i have added another physical server, where is also HyperV and one Virtual Machine.
Veeam backup and replication software is installed only on the firt physical server.
Now i want to add this second physical server(hyperV) to veeam, but is not working. I have to install Veeam backup and Replication also on the second server and then it will works? or it is possible to push some agent automatically there from first veeam server?
Thanks for every reply.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Add 2nd VHOST to managed servers

Post by PetrM »

Hi Juraj,

It must work, there is no requirement to install Veeam B&R on the second host. Please see this page on our help center for detailed instructions. If it's not working, it's a technical issue and the support case ID is required. Our possibility to troubleshoot technical issues on the forum is quite limited and it's very unlikely that we'll be able to help you without debug logs and infrastructure analysis. Please note that the posts about technical issues without a support case ID will be eventually deleted by moderator, see the rules of posting technical issues.

Thanks!
Juraj22
Novice

Post by Juraj22 » 1 person likes this post

So I dont need to install any veeam software or agent to the 2nd physical server(HyperV host) and it should be possible to add this server to veeam B-and-R?, which is installeed on the first one server? :)
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Juraj,

Yes, that's right.

Thanks!
Juraj22
Novice

Post by Juraj22 » 1 person likes this post

Thanks a lot, it works now, i had some problems with server 2, because i couldnt connect this server also to HypervManager. I have fixed it and now its everything ok. But thanks a lot for your time and info :)