Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
lwarner
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Leigh Warner

Job settings report

Post by lwarner »

We just went through a big audit, and as with any audit, they request tons of information about the backup system.

Anybody know of a way to generate a report that shows all the information about a backup job (or better yet, all jobs) as a concise document? If you just choose the job Properties, and flip through the config screens you can take screenshots, but the screenshots don't provide evidence that the settings are linked to any particular job.
For example, looking at the schedule page, there's nothing on that page that identifies what job you're looking at.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6723 times

Re: Job settings report

Post by Gostev »

You can copy the consolidated job settings in the text format from the last step of the job's wizard.
lwarner
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Leigh Warner

Post by lwarner »

Unless i'm looking in the wrong place, that has some of the information, but doesn't have things like the schedule, email notification info, etc.

Even if I had to script something to pull the info into a report, that would save me tons of time.

If there's no way to do it, then I'll live with it. VBR itself has save me countless hours and the fact that it runs so well still makes me happy!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Have you had a chance to take a look at our PowerShell forum? There are lots of cmdlet examples that might help, here is one of them: powershell cmdlets