Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
expert
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Veeam backpup account locked out

Post by expert »

Hi,

I created a separate AD service-account with local admin rights on the servers to backup the VMs.
Last weekend every VM was backuped successfully except 3 VMs with the following error:

Win32 error:The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to. Code: 1909 Cannot connect to the admin share

I figured out the the cause ist 1 specific VM: when I launch a credential test on this VM the account will be locked out. Instead when I launch the credential test on the other VMs, the account remains active.

Any ideas what can be this issue?

kind regards,

Juergen
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Re: Veeam backpup account locked out

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

Have you checked the logs on the DC as they should contain the IP of the device locking the account out.
Have you checked the password is correct in Veeam and can you access the admin$ share using that account?
expert
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by expert » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

the password is correct and i can access the admin$ share with the credentials. I checked the logs of the DC (event 4740) and the computer name that is locking out the account ist the stand alone repository server (?)
Very strange that this occurs only with this specific VM ...

regards
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 47 times

Post by albertwt »

Please check if the saved credential is updated using the latest or the same password as you tried before.
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */