Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ppaolett
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Paolo Paoletta

Roadmap question: Application-aware processing for Oracle Linux 8.6 OS

Post by ppaolett »

Hello, is there any roadmap covering application-aware processing for Oracle Linux 8.6 OS (or RedHat 8.6 OS)? I have seen it is actually compatible with Oracle Linux 8.5/RedHat 8.5.
As we are deploying a new ERP based on Oracle Linux OS and Oracle DB and the software staff suggests to deploy the latest OS (Oracle Linux 8.6).
Just now we have to deploy the 8.5 release without support for application-aware (Oracle RMAN) backup.
I have just opened a new Veeam Support Case and they told me they do not get information regarding plans for future features/supported item. Furthermore they told me to inquire the Veeam R&D Forum about that.
Thanks in advance,
Paolo
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Roadmap question: Application-aware processing for Oracle Linux 8.6 OS

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

Yes, we plan to support new RHEL releases with V12 (beginning of next year)
application-aware (Oracle RMAN) backup
application aware (one checkbox, agentless) and RMAN (RMAN needs to be configured and the plugin needs to be deployed on the machine) are two different methods. The RMAN plugin has no limitation on 8.6 documented.

For application aware processing, I will double check, whether it's really unsupported, or just a documentation issue.

Best regards,
Hannes
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Roadmap question: Application-aware processing for Oracle Linux 8.6 OS

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
sorry for the delay... we updated the user guide... up to RHEL 8.7 is supported for application aware processing for VMs.

Best regards,
Hannes