Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
jos32
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Johan Gustafsson

convert essential

Post by jos32 »

Hello.

Anyone that knows if you can convert essential license to normal and add additional 2 sockets. End of sale for Backup & replication Socket is 1 jan 2023?

My vendor says no. That door closed this summer for that..

Dont want to go VUL route due to costs..

Maybe Gostev knows?

Thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: convert essential

Post by Mildur »

Hi Johan

This forum is run by R&D and not Sales.
Have you talked to your vendor (veeam?) or reseller? If it was your reseller, maybe you can get in contact with sales representative from Veeam to ask this question.

My information is that you are allowed "to buy sockets for licenses you already own" or "Ent+ with production support" until 31 Dec 2022.
A conversion of your essential license to a non-essential standard socket edition and adding new sockets is not possible. Because you did not own a non-essential Standard license before and it's no longer available for sale (for a while now).

Thankls
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

jos32 wrote: Dec 01, 2022 8:43 amMaybe Gostev knows?
Gostev suggests you hold off doing anything for a month or so. There will likely be some changes to the VUL migration policy as the new management seem to hate the current policy as much as I do. Good chance they will decide to go back to some variation of the very first migration policy we had, where migration from Sockets to VUL did not result in either immediate or on-going cost increases.
jos32
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Johan Gustafsson

Post by jos32 »

Ok thanks..

Dont want to go the VUL route. We have a lot of small linux machines that doesent do a lot of jobs so that does not make sense..
Veeam software with VUL is more expansive than microsoft takes for running our whole infrastructure with datacenter license include system center.

Im not gettong a lot of respons from Veeam and our supplier so it is strange..

I think its weird that Veeam is not willing to take my money for a upgrade of our essential to normal licensen and addning 2 sockets..

So Im tired of waiting so we are evaluating another options for our new cluster..

Thanks for the answer..