Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
faruge
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: never
Full Name: Justin Farrugia

Gateway Server

Post by faruge »

Hi there,

Happy Holidays!

I'm wondering if anyone would know how to configure the location of the transport service settings when adding a managed server (Windows or Linux).

I have a customer who wants a Linux gateway server configured to transport data from a Linux Hardened Repository to S3 storage. Veeam documentation reads that you need 2GB for every 1TB of processed data on the gateway server. My customer wants to add an additional disk to serve this purpose. But I'm not entirely sure you can specify where processed data is temporarily held?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... 10#gateway

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Justin
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Gateway Server

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
how to configure the location of the transport service settings when adding a managed server (Windows or Linux).
For Windows & Linux it's running directly on the server. There is no "location" to manage.
Veeam documentation reads that you need 2GB for every 1TB of processed data on the gateway server.
https://www.veeam.com/kb4283 seems to have the information, that you are looking for.

Best regards,
Hannes
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2887 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Gateway Server

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
we added the link to KB4283 in the user guide to clarify the situation. The KB article also mentions, that it's about data that is actively offloaded at a given time. So realistically, it should not be too much disk space

Best regards,
Hannes