Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
f0f0
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Customer

Backup repository (NAS CIFS Share)

Post by f0f0 »

Hi.

I have Veeam Backup And Replicaton v 11.
I have physical server with Veeam tape access service.
On this server I have HyperV Role and virtual machine with Veam Backup and Replication and console on the same.
I have Repository for production virtual machines backup with hardware deduplaction, second target is tape library connected to this physical server -and this is ok.

But I want to do backup Veeam Backup and Replication physical server with this virtual machine (Veeam Backup And replication server and Console) for fast restore with Veeam BMR Rescue.
I need simple resolution for access to the backuped data for BMR REscue then I think CIFS share will be the best (windows PE can get access very easily).
I create share on the QNAP NAS, create new repository, job for backup vm, job for backup physical server.
After few problems (application error information when job run backup and need write data but wfter disabled vpowernfs and disable allign backup file data blocks) backup was done.

Unfortunately NAS was damaged nad I do the same procedure for new repo and new cifs share on the oldest QNAP device.
Even if I turn off vpowernfs and disable allign file data blocks i have information about application error when job is want to write data to the repository.

All options and parameters into Veeam repository and backup job are the same off the target data storage location ofcourse :).

Both NAS is in the same subnet with the physical server and veeam backup and replication virtual machine the there is not a routing or network problem.
form the operating system I can read and write on this CIFS share and repository subdirectory.

After add repository it is visible into repo.
After copy backuped data for the ealier backup job and rescan new cifs repo Veeam see older copys (different name backup jobs then veeam backp files have other names).

There is any other requiremnet for CIFS share, which may not be fullfilled by the other i think little older QNAP NAS ( Can I check this requirements) ?

I would appreciate any hints.
f0f0
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Customer

Re: Backup repository (NAS CIFS Share)

Post by f0f0 »

I have error information like below:
Backup job 'name for this job ' finished with Failed.
Job details: Processing Veeam-VirtualMachine Error: Error in the application.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

I'd recommend reaching our support team for further investigation, as we cannot research technical issues over forum correspondence. Thanks for understanding!
karsten123
Service Provider
Liked: 82 times
Full Name: Karsten Meja

Post by karsten123 »

What is the hyperv and the vbr os?
What is the exact version of vbr 11?
What ist the model and the software version of the qnap nas?
What is the network setup on the qnap side? Do you use bonds?