Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
i.stajcic
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Igor Stajcic

About Veeam for MS 365 Licensing

Post by i.stajcic »

I have two questions about Veeam for MS 365 licensing. I would appreciate if someone could clear these two things for me.

1) What happens when all license for Veeam for MS 365 expire? The backups will stop working obviously, but will I still be able to open Veeam for MS 365 console and restore data that has been already backed up while the licenses were active?

2) What happens when a user that was licensed and backed up by Veeam for MS 365 is deleted from the organization? Does Veeam for MS 365 removes the license from that user that doesn’t exist any more so that the license can be used for a new user?

Thanks,
Igor
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: About Veeam for MS 365 Licensing

Post by Mildur »

Hi Igor
1) What happens when all license for Veeam for MS 365 expire? The backups will stop working obviously, but will I still be able to open Veeam for MS 365 console and restore data that has been already backed up while the licenses were active?
Restore is always possible. We don't limit restore to valid licenses. Please see our user guide on "license expiration".
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... se-expired
2) What happens when a user that was licensed and backed up by Veeam for MS 365 is deleted from the organization? Does Veeam for MS 365 removes the license from that user that doesn’t exist any more so that the license can be used for a new user?
VB365 will revoke the license automatically after 31 days without any new backup of the licensed user. It can be used to backup new objects after this 31 days. Backups will be kept for the time period as you have configured in the retention settings of your repository.

If you want to revoke the license manually before this 31 days are over, you have to remove all backups of this user if you need todo so.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=60

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software