Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mpotter0225
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Marc Potter

Agent Configurator Job Import Assistance

Post by mpotter0225 »

We recently opened a support ticket ( Case # 05794922 - Deployment Automation) requesting assistance with automating the importing of VAW backup job configurations on multiple licensed remote Windows endpoints running standalone agent backups to a local network share (not connecting to a VBR server). The goal is to be able to automate deployment to multiple workstations such that they each have their own destination directory / job name which includes the system’s computer name for identification purposes. In the absence of an automated method of doing this, we would need to manually modify the config XML file each time we performed an import to a new workstation. We were hoping there might be some suggestions for making the process more seamless than that. Our assigned support representative recommended that we accomplish this by writing a custom script but we have very little experience with script writing. Has anyone ever been able to write a script that would be able to do this?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Agent Configurator Job Import Assistance

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

I know customers who did that, so your answer can be answered with "yes" :-) But not sure, how much that "yes" helps...

As my programming skills are bad, I use Google if I have to script something (of course, other search engines also work. Or maybe even ChatGPT). I decide on a programming language and then search search for it. For PowerShell (as you posted in the Windows Agent forum, I assume that PowerShell is fine for you, but you can also use any other scripting language), I found the following hints:

- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/600 ... line-envir
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/164 ... le-content

Best regards,
Hannes