Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
incognito
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: NATE

cannot remove backup repository

Post by incognito »

Long story short. I use a wireless transparent bridge between my main data center and a DR site. Locally I put in a win7 box and put it in the same network space as the transparent bridge and routed my "seed" job replication, this worked great!

I took that seed box and brought it over to the DR site in the transparent bridge network space and routed the seed to the target ESX server/data store ... poof like magic (and some time) my replications are running.

I'm now trying to remove the seed box from servers and backup repositories but it tells me "Cannot delete 'seed repository' because the following jobs are still using it" and it lists the replication job. I've cleared the "Low connection bandwidth (enable replica seeding)" check box from the replication job and I cant find any reference in the job itself. The metadata for this is store on my local end in a different repository so its not that either.

How can I remove these bad boys? .. They should no longer be required.
Jfmoots
Veeam Software
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: James Moots

Re: cannot remove backup repository

Post by Jfmoots »

Can you try to re-enable that checkbox, go to that page in the configuration and remove the reference to that repository. I think you'll then be able to remove the repository. Post back and let us know if that fixes it.
incognito
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: NATE

Post by incognito »

worked!
Jfmoots
Veeam Software
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: James Moots