Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

backup of azure vm

Post by johannesk »

Hi,

I have configured a backup of an azure vm with the Veeam appliance. The appliance is configured in the Backup infrastructure in VBR and the backup works fine.

Now the backup is controlled by VBR telling the appliance to backup the azure vm to a blob storage in Azure. I see there is an option in copy jobs to copy Azure IaaS Backup. But if I create such a copy job it does not see the backups that are in Azure of those vm's. Also when I try to restore the Azure VM's I only get the option to restore the whole vm's, not file restores.

Is it supposed to be possible to get the backup of the azure vm's to a local storage with the VBR infrastructure? And is it somehow possible to restore individual files? I dont find the document that states this clearly.

Regards,
Jóhannes
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: backup of azure vm

Post by Mildur »

Hi Jóhannes

Do you see the VM backup in the Veeam console under External Repository? Maybe you only have created snapshots of the VM in Veeam Backup for Azure and no backups?

"Azure IaaS Backup" copy jobs can be created in VBR.
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbazu ... tml?ver=40

Guest File Restore is also supported:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbazu ... tml?ver=40

If you have created backups and are not able to see the backups after a rescan of the external repository, please open a support case and share the case number with us.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
johannesk
Expert
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson

Post by johannesk »

The issue was resolved by fixing cert issues on the appliance and upgrade the Azure plugin and appliance to version 4. Now we can run copy job on the backups and restore individual files to onpremis.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hello Johannes

Thanks for updating the topic with the solution.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software