Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
flibouille
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

New prices?

Post by flibouille »

Hi,

My provider announces a 25% increase tomorrow. I didn't find this information on the Veeam website. What is the basis for this claim? Is it real?

Thanks.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: New prices?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I suggest asking the provider for the reasons. Because we don't know how he calculates his costs (there has been significant inflation over the last year in most parts of the world)

There are increased prices from Veeam side, yes. But this is R&D forums and pricing is not really our topic... so I cannot provide any numbers (plus I don't know how large your service provider is, because as always... the more somebody purchases, the higher the discounts)

Best regards,
Hannes
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Re: New prices?

Post by Gostev »

Well, 25% would not be from Veeam price increase alone for sure. From the Veeam side, we're talking more or less the usual annual price increase that is inline with the global inflation. From what I remember it's about 6% on average, plus minus 1% depending on the SKU. Normally we would increase more due to the V12 arrival with all the new features, but not in the current economy... so it's basically just an indexation this year.

But I'm talking about end user pricing, while it sounds like you're dealing with a service provider. There might be some differences with Rental licensing but 25% increase is just highly unlikely.