Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Duplicate protection group rescan email reports

Post by Novox »

I seem to be receiving duplicate protection group rescan reports. However, I can't tell how or why one of them is occurring, but the duplicate emails do vary slightly.

The same is occurring for two different protection groups. They are set to rescan at 2pm and 3pm daily and Notifications are set to email at 8:30am daily for both.

I receive two rescan reports at 8am with the subjects:
[Error] Corporate Workstations (Remote) (11 objects) 3 Errors
and
[Error] Corporate Workstations (Local) (29 objects) 3 Errors
Then at 8:30am, I receive two reports with a seemingly identical bodies (relatively), but the subjects have changed to:
[Error] Corporate Workstations (Remote): (0 new hosts found (11 total, 4 seen)
and
[Error] Corporate Workstations (Local): (1 new hosts found (29 total, 21 seen)
respectively...

Note, the scheduled 8:30am pair of notification emails mention "new hosts found" and objects "seen" while the 8am pair does not.

What might be triggering the 8am emails? (with no mention of "new hosts found" or "seen")

My associated Windows Agent Policies (workstation-agent backup jobs) are not scheduled to run at 8am or 8:30am nor are they set to send email notifications at 8am or 8:30am.

Thank you.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Duplicate protection group rescan email reports

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I guess, it's the global daily report (general options -> email settings -> send daily reports at:)

There is a separate daily report in the properties of each protection group -> options -> advances -> notifications.

Best regards,
Hannes
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by Novox »

Perfect, that seems to be it. Thank you, @HannesK.

Is there any way to "enable e-mail notifications" in the global options, but not send daily summaries? I thought this tab in General Options / E-Mail Settings was to set the global notification settings (which apparently it does) for jobs, but I can't seem to set global notification settings unless I also receive a daily report?

Thank you
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
yes, the global notifications include the daily report. If you don't like it, I would create a rule in your mail software and delete it there.

Best regards,
Hannes