Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
OzFenric
Influencer
Liked: never

Maximums on shared repository

Post by OzFenric »

We provide VBO backup for a large number of customers. We use a shared repository for smaller customers. (All our repositories offload to object storage.) Is there any practical limit to how many organizations and backup jobs can be assigned to a single repository? We're experiencing slowdowns where most of the jobs on a proxy are freezing. This proxy has a shared repository with 60-odd organizations and over 100 jobs, many of which have overlapping run times. Is it likely our issues are due to concurrent calls or queues from multiple jobs to a single JET database? Are there any recommended maximums for organisations or jobs on a single repository?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Maximums on shared repository

Post by Mildur »

Hello OzFenric
All our repositories offload to object storage.
There is no offloading in VB365 like SOBR in VBR. Can you explain what type of backup repository you use for VB365?
Is there any practical limit to how many organizations and backup jobs can be assigned to a single repository?
Best Practice is to use 1 repository/object storage bucket per customer. Makes it easier to remove data or migrate customer by customer to another proxy server.
We're experiencing slowdowns where most of the jobs on a proxy are freezing. This proxy has a shared repository with 60-odd organizations and over 100 jobs, many of which have overlapping run times. Is it likely our issues are due to concurrent calls or queues from multiple jobs to a single JET database?
What does our support team say to this issue? Please share the case number with me.
Are there any recommended maximums for organisations or jobs on a single repository?
We only have documented the following recommended maximums:
https://bp.veeam.com/vb365/guide/design/maxconfig.html
If you tell me what type of repository you use, I can try to find out what our recommendations are per repository.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software