Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mrjack007
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time

Re: VBO v6 - "does not have a valid Microsoft 365 license with SharePoint plan enabled"

Post by mrjack007 »

K.KB wrote: Sep 26, 2022 10:20 am Hi Polina,

We do have 6a P20220825 (build: 6.1.0.254, have all our jobs configured as entire tenant organization (split into 4 jobs, a job for Mail+Archive, OneDrive, Sharepoint and a job for Teams) but we are still getting the warnings about missing SPO license or missing Microsoft365 license. Is there a hotfix other than the one Alex Heylin got that does not break the functionality? As a SP we would love to finally get rid of the "warnings".

Greeting Koen
Same thing here. Instead of having one job "Back up entire organization", we have 3 jobs for object type Organization: Mail/Archive, Onedrive and Sharepoint/Teams. Still see the warnings in the job Sharepoint/Teams.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: VBO v6 - "does not have a valid Microsoft 365 license with SharePoint plan enabled"

Post by Polina »

@mrjack007,

Please open a support case on this issue and post its ID here. I need engineers to isolate and confirm the problem so that we could fix it.

Thanks!
K.KB
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Koen Klein Brinke

Post by K.KB »

@Polina
Just created our case as Case #05681028.
Would love to get rid of the warnings. Saves me and my colleagues a lot of time in the mornings to check all the job results of all our customers.
Thank you!
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Thanks Koen!
I escalated your case to RnD, so we should get an update pretty soon.

Cheers
mrjack007
Service Provider

Post by mrjack007 » 1 person likes this post

Polina wrote: Oct 18, 2022 3:20 pm @mrjack007,

Please open a support case on this issue and post its ID here. I need engineers to isolate and confirm the problem so that we could fix it.

Thanks!
Hi Polina,

Case #05682069

Thanks
mrjack007
Service Provider

Post by mrjack007 »

Is it possible that the fix is only for when you have a single job with "Back up entire organization" selected and not when you have "Back up the following objects" which include the organization as the single item?
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina »

Can't say atm. I escalated the problem to RnD again and awaiting their confirmation.
JP1980s
Lurker
Full Name: Jeremy Pratt

Post by JP1980s » 1 person likes this post

So very glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy a little bit trying to read the "flow" of my jobs and the warnings presented.

Similar to others, I have my jobs broken out into types (Started that way due to trying to seed initial backups is... well it takes forever, especially for a single "do everything" job). I've since had to split the jobs even more to help remedy errors that occurred, by suggestion of VEEAM Support.

I have a particular job for "General SPO / TEAMS" (that has specific inclusions for general teams and SPO sites and also specific exclusions for specific departments' teams and spo sites, if that makes sense) that will ultimately show as "successful" but if you dig in to the minutia, will see that it is generating the same warnings that have been loathed in this thread: "..finished with warning: Failed to resolve personal site owner. The user may not have a valid Microsoft 365 license with a Sharepoint plan enabled."

Some details that may be worthwhile in my environment that differ from the others I have seen posted here:

- Not an MSP; Single tenant / environment (internal)
- Fresh install of XYZ v6, patched / upgraded to (currently as of this post) v6.1.0.423
- Initial review of the backup jobs from the app itself shows that is was "successful"
- Mail notifications enabled for warnings, I still get an email (ticket) about the job warnings.

Based on what I've read through this thread so far (the issues, the subsequent patches to address them, etc) I have this gut feeling that efforts have been put in to suppress the warnings themselves (whether that's good or bad, up to you I have no dog in that fight personally), but I almost feel like something was missed in the backend to not send the emails as well. If I am correct and the idea is to not place emphasis on these warnings in particular (to the effect that, at first glance the job still appears to be "successful" until you drill into more), someone forgot to tell the system not to send the email for these particular warnings as well.

My burden of excluding these users with the warning from the job is much less than others posted here.. But it is still "groan" worthy to think I will need to make that a part of our official off-boarding policy and included steps... And it will mostly be just to help others on the team avoid the headache of chasing phantom warnings, really.
4thandBailey
Lurker
Full Name: Cloud Solution Provider

Post by 4thandBailey »

Hello Everyone,

Using Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v6.1.0438 P20221215 we were able to remedy this issue by disabling "Allow for legacy using legacy authentication protocols".

Right-click on the Organization
Left-click on Edit Organization
Select the services you want to protect
Click Next
Ensure the radio bottom for Modern Authentication is selected
Remove the check from "Allow for legacy using legacy authentication protocols"
Select Next
Use an existing Azure AD application
Install Application Certificate
Ensure both boxes are checked
Click Next
Follow screen prompts, entering the requested information