Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
trudesea
Influencer
Liked: never

Deleting VMs

Post by trudesea »

Hi,

Our environment consists of many VMs, but these VMs are created and removed from the ESX server by third party software.

So, what we get in Veeam Monitor is a lot of vmname (deleted) entries that we have to manually delete one at a time since you can't multi select the deleted VMs. This can get tiresome because we have many ESX servers with up to a 100 VMs each. Many are created/deleted each day.

This is also adding to our overhead on the SQL server.

Sort term solution would be an SQL delete on VMs with (deleted) in the name. Co0uld Veeam provide me with a query to do this, or is this something I'll need to do on my own?
Know enough to be dangerous in SQL, but don't want to miss something that isn't obvious. The data related to these deleted VMs is not needed

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Deleting VMs

Post by Gostev »

Hello, just so you know - we have the feature of removing all deleted VMs at once in version 4.0, which is due to come out soon. And I will check with developers on SQL query for you. Thanks!
trudesea
Influencer

Post by trudesea »

Thanks Gostev. I think those deleted vm are causing the huge delays in bringing up Tops data. Takes almost 15 min now.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

trudesea, I've checked with devs and based on their experience with developing this feature in 4.0, this cannot be done with a single query unfortunately - it requires some UI commands/updates too.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Ability to remove all deleted VMs at once has been implemented in Veeam Monitor 4.0. Thanks for the feedback!
trudesea
Influencer

Post by trudesea »

Liking this new feature in 4.0 for sure :D