Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
RL Jones
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: RL Jones

Iusse with backing up VM

Post by RL Jones »

I have been getting this error for about 2 months. I have a VM with windows 2003 R2 ENT x64.This holds one MS SQL 2005 db. This VM will not backup at all. This is the error I am getting:

Creating snapshot Cannot upload guest agent's files to the administrative share [\\192.168.23.48\ADMIN$]. Cannot copy file. Source file: [D:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and FastSCP\VeeamGuestAgents\VeeamGuestAgent_X64.exe]. Target file: [\\192.168.23.48\ADMIN$\VeeamVssSupport\VeeamGuestAgent.exe]. CopyFile() failed. Win32 error:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Code: 32 CreateSnapshot failed, vmRef "vm-6371", timeout "1800000", snName "VEEAM BACKUP TEMPORARY SNAPSHOT", snDescription "Please do not delete this snapshot. It is being used by Veeam Backup.", memory "False", quiesce "True" Cannot create a quiesced snapshot because the create snapshot operation exceeded the time limit for holding off I/O in the frozen virtual machine.

VSS is enable just like the rest of my over 100 VMs that are being backup. I have deleted the job and recreate the job but still have the same issue.

I am stump at this time. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

RL Jones
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Iusse with backing up VM

Post by Gostev »

Try rebooting the VM. Judging on the error, some process keeps the C:\Windows\VeeamVssSupport\VeeamGuestAgent.exe file locked on a VM? Are you able to delete this file manually? If this does not help, please contact our support for further assistance. They should be able to resolve this much faster than 2 months ;)
dsouza
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Diego Souza

Post by dsouza »

Hi,

Didi you manage to solve this issue? Could you please share with us how?

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Diego, this is pretty old thread (2+ years already), so not sure that OP will ever reply to your question. Please contact our support team directly. Thanks!