Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nscblauensteiner
Influencer
Liked: never

Feature request: Mail notification after password change

Post by nscblauensteiner »

Hy team,

I would like a way to be informed about password changes (in the categories "Manage Credentials", "Managed Cloud Credentials" and "Manage Passwords"), preferably by mail. Unfortunately, Veeam ONE does not provide such a possibility - see Case ID #05746777 for details.

Best regards,
Lukas
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 169 times

Re: Feature request: Mail notification after password change

Post by RomanK » 2 people like this post

Hello Lukas,

Such events are logged to the Veeam Backup event log. I've created a test account and changed the password using the "Manage Credentials" to show.

Most events from the event log are collected by Veeam ONE and should be seen on the Tasks & Events tab.

Just right-click on the event to create the alarm and set the notification by email.

Hope this helps.

By the way, thanks for the case # I'll discuss it with the support as well.
nscblauensteiner
Influencer

Do I need a Veeam ONE licensed version for this?
Because I don't see a single event in the overview.
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello Lukas,

Unfortunately, creating a custom alarm using the community edition license is not possible, however, there are no no limitations for the event collection.

Just to troubleshoot your issue, open the Veeam Backup event log remotely from the Veeam ONE server. Does it work? It could be a firewall issue, for example. The support case 05746777 was closed but you may open another one for the Veeam ONE product and share the case # in this thread so we could collect all the additional details and investigate it accordingly.

Thanks
nscblauensteiner
Influencer

Hello Roman,

can we troubleshoot this issue through our Veeam support account? Then I will open an official ticket and refer to this forum entry.

Best regards,
Lukas
RomanK
Veeam Software

Post by RomanK »

Hello Lukas

All evaluation installations are supported. If you are using Veeam ONE with a free community edition outside of the trial period it is still supported but on a best-effort basis. The support system will determine SLA automatically. See Veeam Support Policy

It should be possible to extend poc or trial period if there is an active support case and the product cannot be evaluated due to some issues. But for this, you should contact your sales representative I think.

In any way, if you would open a support case and share its # here, I could notify the Veeam ONE support team about the story behind it.

Thanks