Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
marius402
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Marius Redelinghuys

Avg Rate of Change per day reports

Post by marius402 »

Are there any reports in VeeamOne 12 or custom reports that can take all servers in a vCenter cluster and give a daily Rate Of Change in Percentage? The VM's are not backed up by Veeam (yet).

I found "VM Change Rate Estimation", but that only shows capacity changed. I don't want to go and manually do calculations based on all disk space etc.

I need to calculate the datastore size to spec without intimate knowledge of the servers. Hope you can help?

Regards

Marius
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Re: Avg Rate of Change per day reports

Post by RomanK »

Hello Marius,

I am not sure if I understand the task right, but the datastore size could be seen for example in the Datastore Capacity report.

But it seems to me that you need to take a look at the Capacity Planning report section. These reports are based on historical data and trying to predict the changes. Hope this helps.

Thanks
marius402
Service Provider
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Marius Redelinghuys

Post by marius402 »

Hi Roman,

I am looking for the data rate of change per day. All the reports so far gives me the datastore size, and the increase in capacity from day to day in another report. This means I have to draw different reports and do funnies in Excel to work out the percentage change for the day. Sure there must be a report somewhere that already has this. Or someone that might have created their own report to run this?
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Marius,

I've researched a bit more and for datastores we are using absolute values. You may see trends in widgets, but they also operate GB values.

Why it is important to have a percentage change and why this percentage should depend on a previous day value and not a total size?

Thanks