Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
vlb
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Martyn Jeffrey

Any Known issues after upgrading from windows Venter to VCSA

Post by vlb »

Hi Guys

we are about to upgrade our 607 windows based vcentre to the VSCA, however during the migration process it will ask us to provide a new name for the VCSA as both servers need to be up at the sametime during themigration.

I wanted to ask if anyone had any issues with the inventory (virtual machines linking to their respective veeam VM's and jobs) after giving the vcenter a new name.

i would expect that after the migration it would just be a case of removing the old vcentre in veeam and adding the new one but i dont want to lose the linking of VM's to their prevous jobs etc

TIA for your help
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Re: Any Known issues after upgrading from windows Venter to VCSA

Post by Regnor »

During a vCenter migration all MoRef IDs are kept and therefore you shouldn't see any problems with your jobs.
As you say, only the vCenter appliance itself will be seen as a new VM (which it is) and so Veeam will require you to add it to your jobs and do a fullbackup.

If you want to have the same name for new VCSA, just rename your existing vCenter before the migration.
And after the migration you will have to edit the vCenter object in Veeam and accept the new SSL certificate.
vlb
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Martyn Jeffrey

Re: Any Known issues after upgrading from windows Venter to VCSA

Post by vlb »

thank you very much