Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
PikesMilan
Novice
Liked: never

Adding a vCD Org to Veeam as a managed server in VBnR

Post by PikesMilan »

Hello,
I would like to explore the option of adding a single vCD Org from Cloud Director to the VBnR console.
Basically, a customer of ours would like to manage their own jobs. The plugin was offered as an option, however they require certain functionalities that the plugin does not offer, or else I could not locate these. The requirements are file level backups, exclude disks from the actual job and the ability to execute bash scripts on target machine. If someone knows how these can be obtained via the plugin, I would appreciate a hint or two.
On the other hand, we would like to explore the possibility to offer them the VBnR console (NAT, FWs etc will be handled internally), however, allowing them access to their Org and Jobs only. One other issue impeding us from achieving this is that they are on a shared environment i.e Cloud Director/vCenter with other customers and other customer jobs on the same Veeam server and visible to anyone who logs in.

I know it might be along shot, but I thought I'd ask since I exhausted online research on this.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Adding a vCD Org to Veeam as a managed server in VBnR

Post by Mildur »

Hi Pikes

Today, the backup console doesn't provide RBAC capabilities.
Your customer would see all other backup jobs managed by this VBR server.

We have requests to add RBAC to the backup console. But there is no ETA yet.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
PikesMilan
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Adding a vCD Org to Veeam as a managed server in VBnR

Post by PikesMilan »

Thanks a lot, Fabian