Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
bastiaan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Bastiaan

Glacier not available

Post by bastiaan »

Hi,

I have a question and i hope you can point me in the right direction.

Our current setup has local repositories. I would like to 'move' them to AWS. Currently i'm testing with S3 buckets which seems working, but S3 Glaciers seems not?

I have created a S3 Glacier Vault within AWS and currently added AmazonGlacierFullAccess permissions to my test user. When I'm in Veeam i start adding an object storage repository and after selecting the glacier obtion and AWS account i can see my S3 buckets which i added to test, but no glacier storage? How do i add glacier vaults to Veeam?

Another question, how do i 'copy' my current local repositories to AWS and import them in Veeam so i do not have to do a full backup?

Thanks for your help.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Glacier not available

Post by Polina »

Hi Bastiaan,

Glacier repositories due to their early deletion fees and work only for backup copies, while for your primary backups, they are not available. They are intended for long-term storing of data that you don't plan to access often.

If you want to migrate backups from your local repositories to AWS, you can create an Amazon S3 repository of Standard/IA tier, use PowerShell to migrate data there, and after that and after targeting your backups to this new Amazon repository create a backup copy job that will transfer your new restore points to Glacier.

Thanks!