Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
AndreBIAL
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Andre Silva

VB365 Server out of domain

Post by AndreBIAL »

Hi,

I am using Veeam Backup for Office 365 and my servers are joined to domain. According the feedback I can put them out of domain, but in my case Veeam is also connected with one sharepoint on-prem. In this case, is it expected additional problems?

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VB365 Server out of domain

Post by Mildur »

Hello Andre

I moved your question to this forum.
Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 are not the same products.

When you remove your VB365 server from your current domain, you must reset the entire configuration.
1. Make sure no Backup jobs or Restore sessions are running.

2. Stop the following services:
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Veeam Backup Proxy for Microsoft Office 365

3. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Veeam\ and rename the folder Backup365 to Backup365_old

4. Start the services stopped in Step 2.

Open the Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 console and re-add the Organization(s), Repositories, and Backup Jobs.
Next backup run will rescan all source objects, but is still an incremental backup.

I don‘t expect issues with protecting your on-premises SharePoint server with a non domain joined VB365 server.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AndreBIAL
Novice

Post by AndreBIAL »

Hello Fabian,

After follow your suggested procedure I am with several problems. The major problem is that I reconfigured a job backup from email and now If I explore a point in time to restore I don't have nothing available.

Thanks,
Andre
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Andre

Have you added the original SharePoint server to the new environment? If yes, please open a case with our customer support. Let me know the case number.

Best,
Fabian
AndreBIAL
Novice

Post by AndreBIAL »

I am using Veeam not only to sharepoint, but for all tools of Office 365 and for sharepoint on-prem.

Well, I checked that I don't have access to previous backups if I try to access them through the jobs, but through the organization I can access them. I had no idea about this behavior.

Now my battle is connect to on-prem sharepoint. I am having connection error related with winrm. I added in sharepoint on-prem server in trusted hosts my veeam server, but doesn't work. I did a telnet from veeam server to sharepoint server and connection is ok. Do you any suggestion?

Thanks,
Andre
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Andre
Well, I checked that I don't have access to previous backups if I try to access them through the jobs, but through the organization I can access them. I had no idea about this behavior.
Correct. You have to access them through the organization tab. The old jobs are gone, so there is no link between the new job and the old backup data.
Now my battle is connect to on-prem sharepoint. I am having connection error related with winrm. I added in sharepoint on-prem server in trusted hosts my veeam server, but doesn't work. I did a telnet from veeam server to sharepoint server and connection is ok. Do you any suggestion?
I suggest to let our customer support handle this winrm errors.

Best,
Fabian
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Andre,

Mildur is correct. Might be best to get a support case number. Most likely this is a misconfigured firewall and they should be able to see what is going wrong in the logs
AndreBIAL
Novice

Post by AndreBIAL »

Hi,

I managed to solve my issue. It is related with one domain policy.

Thank you Fabian for your time to help me.
Andre