Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
importantchicken562
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Vigil

Veeam SOBR setup with individual jobs

Post by importantchicken562 »

Hi,

I am setting up VEEAM offsite backups using SOBR and have a couple of questions.

I have successfully set up our backups to copy our existing backups from our performance tier onto Wasabi for a few of the of our backup servers using the guide below:

https://wasabi-support.zendesk.com/hc/e ... th-Wasabi-

It has worked great so far. I am now attempting to set this up here @ corp where we have lots of data being backed up across multiple jobs, split between 2 Veeam backup servers.

When following this guide, it appears the guide sets up the offsite backups in a way where EVERY job on the backup server will be sent to Wasabi.

My question is, what would I need to modify in this guide if I wanted lets say only 1 backup job to be copied to Wasabi instead of all jobs, per server? For example lets say I have 3 backups jobs on one server. I only want one job to be sent to the cloud, and the other 2 to be left alone. The way this guide works is if you follow it, every job on the server will have its backups sent to Wasabi once your done with the setup.

The reason for wanting to implement this job by job is some of these jobs have large amounts of data and I don't multiple jobs being copied to the cloud simultaneously. I'd rather have one job copy its fulls and incrementals, then move onto the next job.

Hope that makes sense....
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam SOBR setup with individual jobs

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
the guide is for V11. What you ask for requires V12.

In V12 you can use backup copy jobs directly to object storage. SOBR is optional.
. I'd rather have one job copy its fulls and incrementals
Just for information: on object storage, there is only one real full. All other fulls are virtual fulls.

Best regards,
Hannes
importantchicken562
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Mark Vigil

Re: Veeam SOBR setup with individual jobs

Post by importantchicken562 »

Ok thanks!