Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 75 times

Enterprise Manager and IR / restore to other location

Post by pirx »

I updated BEM to version 12 (VBR is still 11) and noticed that the Instant Recovery button in greyed out and I don't get the "Select Restore Mode" dialog for a full VM restore. Are those features only available with VBR v12?
Instant VM Recovery — Perform instant recovery for VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud Director,
Microsoft Hyper-V VMs and file shares directly from backups and storage snapshots through the web
UI. The option to finalize recovery with the Migrate to Production operation is also available.

Restore to another location — In addition to in-place restores, you can now perform a full VM
restore to another host or storage and specify all your other related placement settings.
I'm happy about those 2 new features - once they work - but what I'm still missing (or I overlooked it), is guest file restores to a different location (path/VM) in BEM. This is my #1 use case that is missing and the reason why the OS teams can't use BEM. Without this feature I still habe to give them access to Console or ask them to forward tickets to the backup group. So is this feature already there or is it on the roadmap? I know that there is the workaround with "copy" but this is nothing that I can sell to the other teams.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Enterprise Manager and IR / restore to other location

Post by Mildur »

Hi Pirx

Yes, new features normally require the new version on both sites (VBR and EM).
I'm happy about those 2 new features - once they work - but what I'm still missing (or I overlooked it), is guest file restores to a different location (path/VM) in BEM. This is my #1 use case that is missing and the reason why the OS teams can't use BEM. Without this feature I still have to give them access to Console or ask them to forward tickets to the backup group. So is this feature already there or is it on the roadmap? I know that there is the workaround with "copy" but this is nothing that I can sell to the other teams.
As far as I can see it's not planned for our next short term release (v12a). Your request is noted.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software