Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
ottl05
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Post by ottl05 »

Hello,
since a few days we´re getting errors with the backup of teams:

Processing site https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/msteams_xxxxx finished with warning: Failed to backup item: /sites/msteams_xxx/SiteAssets/__siteIcon__.jpg,
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

.... finished with warning: Team files processing finished with warnings

The Backup of the mailboxes is ok.

Where is the problem? where should I search?

thanks
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Post by Mildur »

Hello Ottl05,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.
Without case number, the topic will eventually be deleted by moderators.

Best regards,
Fabian

PS: support can only help if you export and upload logs
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Post by Polina »

Hi,

Any chance you're seeing it on a tenant that has been migrated from the Germany region to Worldwide/Global?
ottl05
Enthusiast

Post by ottl05 »

@polina, no the tenant is in Germany region
netzdrone
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by netzdrone » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

We have the same problem since last friday.

No new or changed files in sharepoint or onedrive are backed up.

All these files produce the same error:

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Exchange mailboxes are working.

Tls1.2 and the cipher order are ok

My two tenants are in germany.

I didn't do any migration (maybe microsoft...I think there was europe in the admin center a short time ago...but I'm not sure)

My support case number is:
Case#05989278

Best regards
Mark
ottl05
Enthusiast

Post by ottl05 »

I opend a case (#05993829)
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi

Thanks for the cases.
I checked our internal system and it looks like there is a new issue with SharePoint in the Germany region.
RnD is aware of the issue and is looking into it.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
frischec
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by frischec »

We have the same issue with backUps of Sharepoint and Onedrive Items. There was another Incident on OneDrive for Business that some users can't sync with the oneDrive for Business App. This Incident was closed last night. However, we still have the TLS/SSL Errormessage.

Our tenant is in the deafault region, but in Germany though. Our BackUp runs on a client. We are using the MDM from Microsoft (Intune) and Microsoft Defender. We are a small business and currently on the community licence, so unfortenately I can't open a case. Hope the information helps to solve the issue.
grigatkis
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Post by grigatkis »

I'll happily add Case #05994442 to this topic.
We have the same problem with several customers, though I've only opened a case for one for now.
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina » 1 person likes this post

Hi All,

RnD is actively researching the root cause, and we've brought this issue to Microsoft's attention as well.
We'll update this thread once there's any news.
karsten123
Service Provider
Liked: 82 times
Full Name: Karsten Meja

Post by karsten123 »

same problem but only for one customer out of many. i will open a case tomorrow.
karsten123
Service Provider
Liked: 82 times
Full Name: Karsten Meja

Post by karsten123 » 1 person likes this post

Case #05996389. Waiting for the fix. Any news?
Sim4711
Lurker
Full Name: Simon

Post by Sim4711 »

Confirming this issue, same here with a "default region client" located in germany. Tested with latest version 6 and 7. No Sharepoint-backup possible.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

No fix yet. We are now investigating this together with Microsoft as it is indeed something which is only on tenants which have or had the region in Germany
Sim4711
Lurker
Full Name: Simon

Post by Sim4711 »

Seems that it's fixed by Microsoft. My problem tenant did first complete org-backup startet an hour ago.
anicolai
Influencer
Full Name: Alex Sørensen

Post by anicolai »

I have seen similar issue on a VBO 7.0 installation.
Our focus was primarily connectection to the O365 Tennant.
After some trouble shooting it proved to be the connection between the Veeam M365 server and the Veeam Repository server.
I my case it was an expired certificate needed for the firewall to route the trafic between OnPremise Veeam components, not the components in Azure/M365.
Hope perhaps it can help your trobleshooting.
-Alex
JMM_SM
Novice
Full Name: Juergen Mittermueller

Post by JMM_SM »

Same here (in Germany). Opened a ticket with no solution. Since a few days the error went away without changing anything.
Juergen
ottl05
Enthusiast

Post by ottl05 » 1 person likes this post

Hello, I received info from support, that the problem is solved by MS.
The last result of the job was success :-)
Polina
Veeam Software

Post by Polina » 1 person likes this post

Hi All,

During the weekend we started seeing that this issue is being resolved on the Microsoft side and backups now start running as expected. We will keep an eye on it for a couple of days more to ensure that no fixes are needed from our side.

Thanks!