flopez
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Felix López Martinez

v6 - Rplica DR Site and Failover

Post by flopez »

Hello,

my escenario is:
- CENTRAL: Server ESXi 5.0 172.26.18.201.
- Delegation: Server ESXi 5.0 172.26.2.201

The Veeam VM is on CENTRAL host. Its configure to take a replica from Delegation's Server VM to Central Server (datastore). The central its to configure then DR site of delegation. The question is if I need to configure any thing of network settings to failover the replica on central machine and the users of delegation site can use the failover machin from central site.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v6 - Rplica DR Site and Failover

Post by foggy »

Felix, you should configure Re-IP rule for your replication job. Please see the product documentation for details. Thanks!
flopez
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: never
Full Name: Felix López Martinez

Post by flopez »

Hello foggy,

i read the documentation but i haven't anything clear...

I configure the re-ip rule (source 172.26.2.201 - target 172.26.18.204) but my question is if the users on the remote site, they should work direct on my DR site... ¿?¿? i need to configure any on vmware's Network configuration???
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Re-IP rules are configured for VMs, not hosts. If you change the IP of the replica, you need to configure your network settings so that all users have access to the replica by its new IP in case of failover. If the replica IP is the same as the source VM IP, you just need to have the appropriate routing between sites so that users could continue to access that IP address.