PowerShell script exchange
apolloxm
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

some times Veeam Backup Copy show Transferred 0B Reead 0B Processed 0B with success

Post by apolloxm »

Case ID:06009894

We are using the Powershell to start the Backup Copy jobs with active full, but sometimes, some of the Backup Copy jobs will be finished with "Transferred 0B Reead 0B Processed 0B with success", We have to manually to click active full. How I can fix this issue, the reason why I I am using enable-vbrjob as we disabled the Veeam backup Copy when we are going to reboot the server. if we don't disable the backup copy, we will get an incremental for all the backup copy jobs

Code: Select all

#Local Log file
$LOGFILE  = "C:\Temp\Start_Backup_Copy_Log.log"
Function Get-TimeStamp {return "[{0:MM/dd/yyyy} {0:HH:mm:ss}]" -f (Get-Date)}
Function SendToLog {param([Parameter(Mandatory=$true)] [String]$LogMessage) Write-Output "$(Get-TimeStamp) $env:COMPUTERNAME : $LogMessage" | Out-File -Encoding Ascii -Append $LOGFILE} 

$jobs = Get-VBRJob | ?{$_.JobType -eq "backupsync"} | Sort-Object name

foreach($job in $jobs){
$jobsname=$job.name
Enable-VBRJob -Job $job 
Sync-VBRBAckupCopyJob -job $job -FullBackup
SendToLog "VEEAM BACKUP COPY JOB ENABLING: $jobsname"
SendToLog "VEEAM BACKUP COPY JOB STARTING: $jobsname"
start-sleep -Seconds 60
}

SendToLog  "End of Script"
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Re: some times Veeam Backup Copy show Transferred 0B Reead 0B Processed 0B with success

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

I’ve seen this when the copy job has its merge process interrupted. Then it completes the merge on the next run, as it’s not processed any data we often see this.
apolloxm
Enthusiast

Re: some times Veeam Backup Copy show Transferred 0B Reead 0B Processed 0B with success

Post by apolloxm »

how we can fix this issue?
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 322 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi @apolloxm,

Please continue with your case. The 0 bytes transferred just means that the Backup Copy wasn't able to find new restore points to transfer, so it transferred nothing.

Active Full solves this naturally, but the Engineer has pointed out the main issue, so likely it's just a timing issue for your Backup Copy.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
apolloxm
Enthusiast

Post by apolloxm »

I want to find out a solution for this?they don't know how to fix this,I'm feeling so bad about veeam supoort
apolloxm
Enthusiast

Post by apolloxm »

my script also run with an active full,why it can't triggered the active full
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 322 times

Post by david.domask »

Hi @apolloxm, as I see it, the case is just getting started :) There is a response from the engineer awaiting your input, so I advise continue with the engineer to check the issue.

> my script also run with an active full,why it can't triggered the active full

I'm afraid I don't understand your question here, but I think it's best to continue with the support case.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst