Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Titanmike
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ZeGerman

Trend report - not quite a trend at all ?

Post by Titanmike »

I am currently evaluating Veeam One and one of the competitor products shows not just previous "trends" but also predictions - which I think is the point of a trend report.

The trend report generated by Veeam One only seem to note previous datastore disk space for example. I think a proper trend report should not just look at previous issues but also predict future ones, hence displaying a "trend" (if that makes sense).

For example here an example of another product

Is this something Veeam will offer at some point ? In v6 maybe ?

If I'd be interested in previous statistics, all I'd have to do is opening Veeam Monitor to be honest, I don't think the Trend Report gives me much more than that (apart from putting it in an Excel Sheet)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Trend report - not quite a trend at all ?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Michael,

I believe future trend should be a part of capacity planning report, which is available in Reporter component. Anyway, most of the reports that you see in version 5 have been completely re-written and enhanced in the version 6, which is not that far already!

Thanks!
Titanmike
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ZeGerman

Post by Titanmike »

The built-in Reporter (which used to be a seperate product as far as I know) only seems to create either Overview , HTML or Trend Reports and neither shows future trends. If it should, then please point me into the right direction in how to create such a report.

here an example, you can see it is only showing historic data.

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

In the current version you have to download and install Reporter separately (see Veeam ONE Reporting section here).