Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
dloseke
Service Provider
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Derek M. Loseke

Feature Request - Ability to Pass through Bucket Selection when ListAllMyBuckets is not available

Post by dloseke »

This is something that I noted during the v7 Beta, but older versions of VBR used to error out when trying to connect to object storage and were denied access to the ListAllMyBuckets command. A later version allowed it to pass this error and allow you to manually enter the bucket name. VB365 appears to do the same - I cannot pass through if the API user does not have ListAllMyBucket access. Except it won't pass through and allow me to enter the bucket name manually. That said, right now, if I temporarily allow access to list the buckets and select the desired bucket and then remove the access, it continues to work but will fail out if I need to edit the repository properties. Looking around, it appears that it may be possible to modify the IAM policies to allow it to list the buckets for specific resources, but I haven't played with that at all yet. I just would prefer that VB365 would function in a similar fashion that VBR does when listing buckets.

Thanks!
Derek
Derek M. Loseke, Senior Systems Engineer | Veeam Legend 2022-2023 | VMSP/VMTSP | VCP6-DCV | VSP/VTSP | CCNA | https://technotesanddadjokes.com | @dloseke
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Feature Request - Ability to Pass through Bucket Selection when ListAllMyBuckets is not available

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Derek

Sounds valid request. Let's see what we can do.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
MaartenA
Service Provider
Liked: 24 times
Full Name: maarten

Re: Feature Request - Ability to Pass through Bucket Selection when ListAllMyBuckets is not available

Post by MaartenA » 1 person likes this post

Made the same feature request yesterday via support, so +1 to get the same possibilities as with VBR regarding the listallmybuckets.