Bjoern_ch
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Bjoern

[Feature Request] zip the attached Report before sending notification

Post by Bjoern_ch »

Hi veeam team,

we have a Feature Request:
We send notifications for all jobs. Unfortunately the attached reports become very large for large jobs. Our Exchange can send mails up to 50MB, which means in the end that we can send a mail with ~30-35MB attachment. Larger attachments will be blocked. Mail is not a medium for sharing large files, so it is not an option to increase the exchange limits further.
Also we need the detailed reports so our customers can see the errors and take action (e.g. add a owner to team or something like that).
If there is an option to zip the attachment before the mail is send out, this should decrease the size of the attachment and should be helpful.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Bjoern
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: [Feature Request] zip the attached Report before sending notification

Post by Polina »

Hi Bjoern,

We don't have such an option yet; I'll check with the dev team if it's possible to add it in the future.

Thanks!
Bjoern_ch
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Bjoern

Re: [Feature Request] zip the attached Report before sending notification

Post by Bjoern_ch »

Hi Polina,
thanks for your reply.
At the moment we cannot send out the report for 2 jobs. It is one job for SP (entire orga / 25000 objects) and one job teams (entire orga / 35000 objects). Both are unable to send the emails. At the weekend i will onboard two more customers which SP/Teams is much larger, so I expect to run into this problem for those customers too(in the next weeks when full is done).
Do you have any idea to solve this? How can we inform the customers about the detailed job results without mail notifications?
In the past we splitted the SP/Teams Job. That did work for some time, but job performance was really poor at some point and we did not met SLA with this job design. There were too much jobs running parallel and throttling was enormous then. So this will not work.
Can we create the job report afterwards (and share it via file share then)? I checked the ps reference but did not find it?!